What is TPO roofing?
TPO is a type of single ply roofing membrane. TPO is an acronym that stands for Thermoplastic Polyoletin. TPO is environmentally friendly and delivers benefits like lower roof surface Suitable for a variety of low-slope commercial roofing applications, TPO roofing membrane is a sustainable roofing solution for a wide range of building types. Temperatures, greater energy efficiency, superior puncture resistance against hail and enhanced indoor comfort.
- TPO Roofing is a single-ply thermoplastic membrane. It is installed in a single membrane application without multiple layers.
- The membrane can be installed using several different methods including mechanically attached, adhered, and ballasted and plate bonded.
- TPO membranes come in a variety of colors, but primarily are available in white, grey and tan.
- TPO membranes are grease resistant
- TPO roofing membrane receive high wind ratings when installed according to pre-tested assemblies as per manufacturer specifications.
- TPO Roofing membrane systems are typically used for commercial and industrial roofing applications.